The location-based entertainment industry is ready for a year of fresh opportunities! Whether you’re looking to launch a location-based entertainment center, already have a successful FEC (Family Entertainment Center), or want to grow larger, the trade shows and expos in 2023 offer a wealth of benefits, providing the latest attractions, trends, insights, networking opportunities, educational resources, and more.
To make the most out of these events, here are some tips that can help you make the most of your time and resources:
1. Plan ahead and book meetings: Before attending the expo, do your research on the exhibitors and the products and services that will be showcased. Make a list of the vendors you would like to visit and schedule appointments in advance, to benefit from preferential discounts and not to risk missing out on lucrative solutions. This will ensure that you have enough time to speak with each vendor and learn about their offerings in detail. To check out SPREE Interactive’s offering for your FEC at the upcoming DEAL Expo, book a meeting, here.
2. Set specific goals: Decide what you hope to achieve by attending the expo. Are you looking to upgrade your FEC’s attractions? Are you looking to network with other FEC owners? Having specific goals in mind, plan networking and speaking events beforehand, all these things help you stay focused and make the most of your time at the event.
3. Attend educational sessions: Many expos offer educational sessions and workshops on various topics related to the FEC industry. Take advantage of these opportunities to learn about the latest trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in the industry. To discover the latest trends, read our blog on 2023 FEC trends, here.
4. Network with other attendees: One of the most valuable benefits of attending the expo is the opportunity to network with other FEC owners, operators, and industry professionals. Attend networking events and make sure to exchange contact information with people you meet. This can lead to valuable partnerships and collaborations in the future.
5. Get Quotes: Location-based entertainment owners can benefit hugely from show discounts, achieving an even higher ROI on the latest amusement industry attractions. So ensure you have booked meetings with the sales teams of attractions that you are most interested in and get an agreed price before leaving the show.
6. Take notes: During your visit to the exhibitor booths and educational sessions, make sure to take detailed notes. This will help you remember what you learned and keep track of the vendors and products that you are interested in.
7. Follow up and reflect: After the expo, follow up with the vendors and attendees you met. This can include sending a thank-you note or scheduling a call to discuss the products or services you learned about. And take a short period of time to reflect on which options you believe will drive growth in your FEC.
8. Implement what you learned: After the expo, take the time to review your notes and implement the new knowledge and ideas you learned. This can include updating your FEC’s attractions, revamping your marketing strategies, or improving your operations
9. Benefit from Discounts: After reflecting on what you have learned and seen, you should make the most of the show discounts before they expire. You should reach out to the sales teams you meet with the week following the show or expo.
Global Events for FEC’s:
To ensure that you don’t miss out on any of these exciting events, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of upcoming Trade Shows and events that every entertainment enthusiast should be following.
- DEAL Expo: Dubai, UAE – March 14-16
- Amusement Expo: Las Vegas, USA – March 27-30
- Saudi Entertainment Expo: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – May 28-30
- IAAPA Asia: Singapore – June 13-16
- Gamescom: Cologne, Germany – August 23-27
- International Adventure & Trampoline Park Association: – Roundrock, Texas – USA – September 11-12
- IAAPA Expo Europe: Vienna, Austria – September 25-28
- IAAPA Expo: Orlando, USA – November 13-17
- Blooloop Festival of Innovation: Virtual – December TBD
- Entertainment, Attractions & Gaming International Expo 2024: London – January TBD
The next big upcoming shows are the DEAL and Amusement expo, which providing a great opportunity for FEC owners to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in the industry and make valuable connections with other industry professionals. By following these tips, you can make the most out of your time and resources at the event and take your FEC revenue to the next level!
Book a meeting with us at DEAL and be the first to demo never seen before family-friendly VR solutions: